Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
Why is everyone busting on Phil's maple leaf? I think it looks okay (certainly not as bad as Alpha Flight Volume 2's horrible maple leaves) and It's pretty close the style John Byrne first used in X-Men (and most of his Alpha Flight run) for Mac's uniform.

Dana

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fZ37jdy-g4...pha-flight.jpg
You need to save these two pictures somewhere, and look at them side by side. JB's is pretty dang close to perfect. This new one, looks like a red cannabis leaf or something - not even in the same ballpark.

How would you feel if an artist drew a new uniform for Captain America to wear, and it had the Stars and Stripes prominently displayed on it, only the stripes were all at a 45 degree angle and blurry, and there were only 11 stars? Would that accurately represent the American flag?

Some things you just don't want to mess up as a comic book artist. Three in particular; (1) don't mess up the Maple Leaf, (2) learn how to draw Sasquatch properly or go home, and (3) if the book's writer tells you to draw a panel wherer Alpha Flight is laying dead on the snow, just quit and go home. And that's my take on that. I like the picture, i really do, i just hate the job he did on Mac's costume, that's all; everything else looks great!