Thread: Bendis on Cancelling X-Men Titles

Hybrid View

(in responce to initial post)

I didn't find it condescending at all, TBH... I've seen people who are like that on the internet. I go to /co/ on 4chan for example... which generally has some useful threads and decent conversation depending upon time of day and stuff.... but there are always those fans who think that a book should be exactly the way they themselves want it, and if anything takes a new direction they don't like they loose their god damn minds with conspiracy theories and act like it's the end of the world. It's always fans of A and B listers... characters who are the most likely to come back after being killed off and such, who ***** the most. I'm totally with Bendis on this.

I'm not sure what they have planned for the X titles, but it's not like the X titles never change. And I hope Wolverine stays dead for a good while. It will be the best thing that's happened to that character in a long time, what with all the 'Origins' bull****. I hope that when they bring him back that they retcon 'James Howlet' out of existence. I hope when he comes back his franchise will be refreshed a bit. Granted, I'm doubting his death will actually stop them from publishing a book about Wolverine in the afterlife or some ****, but then, that might actually be interesting... they've done everything else two or three times over.

As to books going on hiatus... well, that's better than putting someone sub par on a book to fill space, or making someone write the book who doesn't want to do so. This isn't the 90's, Marvel has money, so it's not like a crisis where books are being canceled abruptly without tying up any loose ends. I don't think it's really such a big deal, and if I had money, I'd be collecting comics again.

*edit*
    Also, I would LOVE for them to reboot the X movie franchise. Or at least get a different actor to play Storm. They marginalize her in every movie despite what an important character she is. I think it's because Hally Berry is so god awful.
    Last edited by EccentricSage; 07-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    I'm doubting his death will actually stop them from publishing a book about Wolverine in the afterlife or some ****, but then, that might actually be interesting... they've done everything else two or three times over.
    ... and they've already done that once. Puck was in it. So they still have one or two times to go.

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    Or at least get a different actor to play Storm. They marginalize her in every movie despite what an important character she is. I think it's because Hally Berry is so god awful.
    You think it's because of Halle Berry?
    Interesting.

I don't think she's awful - but she's no Storm. I always wanted Vanessa Williams (see Eraser). Actually, I wanted Tina Turner, maybe Grace Jones, but they're both far too old now.

~ Le Messor
    "We don't need another hero. We don't need to know the way home."
    ~ Tina Turner