Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Default Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Hello!

I hope there isn't a general intoduction thread, and I just overlooked it somehow. I did a search for one, and came up with nothing, so I am starting this thread. If there is an existing one, I apologize.

I found the wonderful world of Alpha Flight about...maybe 2 months ago while at a shop digging through the 25 cent boxes. The title caught my eye, and then I vaguely recalled them from UXM. The first issue I saw and picked up was #19. Regretfully, I didn't pick up every issue because I didn't know what it was or if I'd like it.
    I ended up ordering 1-8 in singles a few days later, and then ordered volume 2 and 3 of the rest of Byrne's run in TPB.

Within the middle of the first issue, I was hooked. And I have never been so obsessed with a comic series in my life. I've only read up to issue #28, but I have #29-#46 ordered in singles, and they're on their way to me. And I'm itching to read the rest.

There, I think that's about it. I'm not great with introductions.

Not great with introductions? Don't be so hard on yourself, you did great!

Welcome to alphaflight.net, Crackity Jones (btw, that's a GREAT handle!), and to the massively addictive world of Alpha Flight in general. Glad to have you here, and even gladder (is that even a word? "more glad?" "full of gladniciousness?") to have another recruit to Alpha fandom.

What has it been now, 30 years since Claremont and Byrne introduced the world to Alpha Flight, and still we are gaining fans?!! Can't hold us back or keep us down! Hail Alpha! Until Alpha Flight meets Alpaca Flight, make mine Alpha!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Not great with introductions? Don't be so hard on yourself, you did great!

Welcome to alphaflight.net, Crackity Jones (btw, that's a GREAT handle!), and to the massively addictive world of Alpha Flight in general. Glad to have you here, and even gladder (is that even a word? "more glad?" "full of gladniciousness?") to have another recruit to Alpha fandom.

What has it been now, 30 years since Claremont and Byrne introduced the world to Alpha Flight, and still we are gaining fans?!! Can't hold us back or keep us down! Hail Alpha! Until Alpha Flight meets Alpaca Flight, make mine Alpha!
    Thank you for the awesome welcome, Flightpath07!
    If you want "gladder" to be a word, so be it.
    And, yes, I'll be an Alpha Flight fan for life now because Byrne's run has me addicted.
    I've heard varying opinions on what to expect from the end of his run and on, but I'm going to read it and be the judge of if I like it or not.

I swear I say this 50 times a day, but from where I am right now in the books, "I WANT MAC BACK.".
    I don't want anymore Not-Macs. I want Mac back.

OMG... I totally get what you are saying Crackity Jones! I was in your shoes a few years back when I got hooked on Alpha Flight. I just cannot get enough of them! The first site I visit every day when I log onto my work computer is this site, just to see if Alpha Flight made any recent news! I'm happy to have Northstar in X-men, but would love to see other members in other teams (Sasquatch in Avengers, anyone?) but would def love the team to be whole again!

Anyway, welcome to the site. Make yourself at home

ps... new words are so much "funner" than old ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    Hello!
    Hello!

I hope there isn't a general intoduction thread, and I just overlooked it somehow. I did a search for one, and came up with nothing, so I am starting this thread. If there is an existing one, I apologize.
    One as awesome as you deserves your own thread!

I found the wonderful world of Alpha Flight about...maybe 2 months ago while at a shop digging through the 25 cent boxes. The title caught my eye, and then I vaguely recalled them from UXM. The first issue I saw and picked up was #19. Regretfully, I didn't pick up every issue because I didn't know what it was or if I'd like it.
    I ended up ordering 1-8 in singles a few days later, and then ordered volume 2 and 3 of the rest of Byrne's run in TPB.
    I can vouch that she's definitely a newly acquired Alpha Flight fan!

Within the middle of the first issue, I was hooked. And I have never been so obsessed with a comic series in my life. I've only read up to issue #28, but I have #29-#46 ordered in singles, and they're on their way to me. And I'm itching to read the rest.

There, I think that's about it. I'm not great with introductions.
    And awaiting, as I said on the other forum, for your views post Byrne. Will be cool getting those real time.

Oh and welcome to AlphaFlight.net - Hope you survive the experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    OMG... I totally get what you are saying Crackity Jones! I was in your shoes a few years back when I got hooked on Alpha Flight. I just cannot get enough of them! The first site I visit every day when I log onto my work computer is this site, just to see if Alpha Flight made any recent news! I'm happy to have Northstar in X-men, but would love to see other members in other teams (Sasquatch in Avengers, anyone?) but would def love the team to be whole again!

Anyway, welcome to the site. Make yourself at home

ps... new words are so much "funner" than old ones!
    YAY!
    More Alpha Addicts! I am not alone!
    I cannot wait to see what Amazing X-Men #8 has in store as far as an appearance of Alpha Flight.
    I'm super stoked about it.

I have the giant-sized Alpha annuals #1 and #2. I'm not sure WHEN I should read those, though? I also have the two issue mini thing of X-Men and Alpha Flight.
    My Alpha TPBs are never far from reach (as in on my next desk to me at all times, or on my nightstand if I'm reading them).
    I've ordered a t-shirt. I've made my dog an Alpha Flight collar AND ordered her an Alpha Flight-inspired tag.
    I need the action figures and the mini mates things.
    I am Alpha crazy. It's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Hello!
    <3

One as awesome as you deserves your own thread!
    You're the best, Tawmis. Really, you are.

I can vouch that she's definitely a newly acquired Alpha Flight fan!
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me to shut up about them one of these days. ha.

And awaiting, as I said on the other forum, for your views post Byrne. Will be cool getting those real time.

Oh and welcome to AlphaFlight.net - Hope you survive the experience!
    You KNOW I am going to be posting about everything I read. I just read the Hulk issue in volume 3 TPB, and am getting ready to start #29 (which I didn't realize was in the TPB, so I ordered the single). I'm hesitant to start it, though, as it'll be my last in order Alpha Flight until the rest of my books arrive.

We actually do have an intro thread but I like this one better. Hi CJ and welcome to alphaflight.net!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I have the giant-sized Alpha annuals #1 and #2. I'm not sure WHEN I should read those, though? I also have the two issue mini thing of X-Men and Alpha Flight.
    Welcome aboard Crackity Jones. AF Annual 1 takes place somewhere in between AF 38 & 39. AF Annual 2 takes place in between AF 51 and AF 52.

Which two issue mini thing of X-Men and Alpha Flight? The first volume by Chris Claremont and Paul Smith? Or the second volume by Ben Raab and John Cassaday?

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    We actually do have an intro thread but I like this one better. Hi CJ and welcome to alphaflight.net!

Love,
    rplass
    Hi, rplass!
    I am sorry I missed the intro thread! Where is it at (probably right in front of my face, yes?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Welcome aboard Crackity Jones. AF Annual 1 takes place somewhere in between AF 38 & 39. AF Annual 2 takes place in between AF 51 and AF 52.
    Hello, Chris-
    I will hold off on reading them, thank you for that info!

The two issue mini thing is from, I think, Asgardian Wars. They're these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-Men_Alpha_Flight_Vol_1_1.JPG 
Views:	298 
Size:	639.5 KB 
ID:	3681

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-Men_Alpha_Flight_Vol_1_2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	587.7 KB 
ID:	3682

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!!!
    I cannot believe I found somewhere where I can obsess about Alpha Flight all day if I wanted to.
    Last edited by rplass; 05-10-2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Reduced size of displayed images. Changed images from hotlinks to local reference

That X-Men and Alpha Flight "The Gift" story from the Asgardian Wars takes place between AF 22 and 23. Seeing those two covers again makes me wish Paul Smith would have taken over pencilling AF after Byrne left.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That X-Men and Alpha Flight "The Gift" story from the Asgardian Wars takes place between AF 22 and 23. Seeing those two covers again makes me wish Paul Smith would have taken over pencilling AF after Byrne left.
    I haven't even looked inside of those books yet. When someone mentioned that they were in the Asgardian Wars TPB, I thought about waiting for the new release of that this coming September, and then just gifting these to a friend I'd love to get into Alpha Flight. But I'll just get her her own copies and read these because I don't think I can hold out until September.

The covers are nice.

I am sorry I missed the intro thread! Where is it at (probably right in front of my face, yes?)?
    Yes, in the Alpha Talk Forum, there's a sticky called "Alpha Flight Questionnaire."

And yes please feel free to obsess. To any height!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Yes, in the Alpha Talk Forum, there's a sticky called "Alpha Flight Questionnaire."

And yes please feel free to obsess. To any height!
    Yyyeeeahhh. As of right now, I couldn't answer half those questions. As it is, my favorite character and story change everytime I read a new (to me) story.
    And when I have time, I'll be obsessing all over this place.
    And you all will get to witness all my Alpha firsts, and hopefully that'll be fun for some of you.

Hey Crackity (should we call you that?),

A very warm welcome to the site and thank you for joining!

It's always refreshing to hear of new 'Flight fans.

There's also an Introduction Thread but it's pretty stale by now, so this thread is a great idea