Thread: The #0.1 Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Hybrid View

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Given that 0.1 had to introduce the 8 members of Alpha Flight without all the baggage from previous incarnations and tell a story too, I'd say this book does a decent job.

Kara is "Purple Woman," now; it even says so in the comic. Unless US Agent actually captured him, Kara's father (The Purple Man) is still running around loose in Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if KILLGRAVE shows up at some point in this maxi-series. Briefly, though, I hope.

I like Narya getting two moments to shine (first, as "Anne MacKenzie", then as "Snowbird"), and I like Shaman getting more depth instead of just being the melancholy stoic prone to dwelling on past mistakes. Bring back Elizabeth and I'll be happy to no end!

More Walt/Sas-JM/Aurora banter, please.

Since the team seems to have the implants (even Northstar), Marrina's ill-timed "going off" may have been triggered.
    But anybody (at Dept. H) who thinks putting "ping"-inducing implants in an alien, a demi-goddess, a mystic, and a woman with multiple personalities is a good thing---leading to good results---ought to have his head examined.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 05-21-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Not bad. Good start. 1 down, 8 to go
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.