Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: What Alpha Flight goodies do you have?

Of course, doggy healing factor and all.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Oh good.

Went to Toronto's ComicCon today and got some goodies

Signed comics

My Puck commission from Dave Ross. Very nice man and I was very happy with the piece.

Oh that's a sweet commission - can you give a high quality scan for us to drool over?
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Noice.

Images

Wow! I have the original of the issue (I did want to find a copy of #121, which I don't have, in Vancouver, but didn't). Mine is by no means in Mint condition, but even if it was, I wouldn't try to sell it for that much.

OTOH, I looked up a CD the other day on Amazon and watched the prices creep up. After two pages, it was worth $30. Then there were four copies for over $1k each, then one for $2k.
    I'll probably get one of the ones that was about $5.

~ Le Messor
    "Mockery is an important social tool for squelching stupidity."
    ~ Scott Adams

My copy of #120 is the UK version (price in pence rather than cents) so I'd like to be able to get the US one oneday but I'd never pay anywhere near that.

My puppy wearing her Alpha Flight tag.
    She's wearing an Alpha Flight collar I made her, too, you just cannot see it in the pic.
    Srs puppeh is srs. Her lip is caught on her tooth, she really doesn't have an uneven mouth.

I also received my #29-#46 in AF books, but have been so busy with zero time for reading since Friday.
    AND! My AF t-shirt arrived, but it's about 5 sizes too big, and dammit, they really should make more comic shirts in lady sizes.

Images

Cute dog. I had a dream last night that from a certain light, my dog looked entirely black (he was entirely white).

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    AND! My AF t-shirt arrived, but it's about 5 sizes too big, and dammit, they really should make more comic shirts in lady sizes.
    Sadly, that'll be just the beginning of your troubles as a female comic book reader.

~ Le Messor
    "Moderation in all things, and moderation is the first to go."

Le Messor! First the thing about Mantlo's run, and now this THING about my most-likely future problems as a female comic book reader.
    I feel like my future is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Cute dog. I had a dream last night that from a certain light, my dog looked entirely black (he was entirely white).
    Thanks!
    And that is an odd dream to have.
    I also have an all white dog (well, he has brown freckles on his ears).
    He eats his own vomit.
    He'd eat yours, too, probably.

Crackity, NOBODY'll eat Le Messor's vomit, trust me.

It isn't so much that your future is doomed...as an Alpha Flight fan, we all had it so good with Byrne's run, that mediocre now seems terrible. John Byrne spoiled us, and now we are all ruined.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/