Thread: Original Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default The Mantlo era: redux

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Which reminds me, I'm getting an edition of world war wendigo trade on loan from my schools library so il let you know what I think. And Garry, you say you don't hate it, then fine you don't hate it, I mispoke. but to be fair, that makes me utterly terrified to read your review of mantalo (then don't read "ALPHA FLIGHT: The Super-Team That Never Took Off" published in Amazing Heroes # 117...written waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the '80s) or something else that you actually hated. I don't nessecairly like mantalo (after hobnell he was the weakest of the volume 1 writers) and their are many decisions he made I utterly hated ( creating persuasion, making heather care more about her boy toy then she did the rest of the team post bedlam, the utter insanity of having the dreamqueen and sorceror arcs occur right after each other with no time to breathe etc) but their were storylines and arcs I did like (the pestilence arc (I know controversial opinion) the puck Tibet two parter, Revamping box from Bochs to Jefferies, etc) and I'd rather not get angry reading your opinions on those. As much as you don't hate volume 4, the way you wrote about came off to me as unfair in many places and I'm only going to assume that my perception won't change reading your opinion on something you legitimately hate. Your welcome to your opinions, I just will choose not to read them from here on in. Best of luck to you though.
    [I thought you had an over-due essay to write?]
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 11-17-2023 at 08:28 PM.

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    [I thought you had an over-due essay to write?]
    the essay isn't overdue it's just due five days earlier than when I thought it was, and I did my writing on it for the day
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd