Thread: What If...?

Threaded View

I've always wanted to see what if Madison Jeffries had taken on the Guardian suit instead of Heather. I think he was asked once but turned it down. He was already really powerful, humble and likeable. Unshaven and a little rough to look at, but a really skilled Mechanic. Not book-smart like Mac but street-smart. Imagine that personality and power put into that suit. I think that character could have really taken off, with no need to bring back Mac from his epic death scene. They should have just stuck with the plan and let the man rest in peace.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Heather's evolution as a leader, but you just knew they'd bring back Mac at some point to challenge her, which they did multiple times. Heather could have eventually risen from Government Liaison to Director of Dept H. Or if you'd prefer her in the field, Jeffries and Bochs could have built Heather a non-maple leaf flag suit or she could have been exposed to Terigen and turned out to be Inhuman or whatever! In any case, had Jeffries been given the suit, imo the Guardian character would have become a more richer, memorable leader then Mac. I'd love to see where writers could have taken him (instead of eventually hoping the border and falling into obscurity on an X-Men D-Team).

I would have loved to see what he could do in that suit.
    Last edited by Canucklehead; 06-07-2016 at 01:02 AM.