Thread: Bendis on Cancelling X-Men Titles

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    There are many, many reasons why scenes or even entire characters end up on the cutting room floor.
    Do you blame Christopher Lee for Saruman not being in The Return of the King (Theatrical release)?
    No, but then Christopher Lee probably didn't have a line in Return of the King where he says something like:

"Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause) "The same thing as everything else!"

Granted, that's a writing thing - but I wonder if she said, "I think I should say something like this..." And it's Halle Berry, and they probably thought, "Well, just let her have this moment..."

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause) "The same thing as everything else!"
    I may be the only person on the planet who actually likes that line...
    but I do think it should've been reversed.

ie:
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Men
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause, lightning strike) "The same thing as everything else!"
    should have been:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause) "The same thing as everything else!" (lightning strike)
    to giver Mortimer a moment to reflect on what he's saying. I think it would've been better that way.

Then again, I think the mid- and post-credits scenes in Captain America 2 should've been swapped around, too. So what do I know?

~ Le Messor
    "If you want work done, select a busy man; the other kind has no time."
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Then again, I think the mid- and post-credits scenes in Captain America 2 should've been swapped around, too. So what do I know?
    The only reason they did it the way they did is to have the more important one (plotty and directly dealing with an upcoming film) come first so more people will see it. They did the same thing with Thor 2!

...this has nothing to do with anything, carry on.