Thread: AF Appearance Chronology

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hulk 418
    Wolverine 83-95
    Are all those Wolverines appearances?
    Isn't Hulk just a cameo (which would explain why it's not in my AF section)?

Sabretooth Back To Nature #1
    My reasoning for having this so high out of publishing order is that Puck's still with Dept. H during it, as with X-factor #116.
    DOMINO 1-3
    My interpretation of Domino #1 is that Puck is (or could be) still working for H. (His only reference is poking into files he shouldn't have.) iirc, he's not in #2.
    My interpretation of #3 is 'I don't have it'. It might confirm there's no H by then.
    So, I'm moving Gen X 19 down a bit, and Back to Nature up.

Generation X#19,
    M/FAN2 2
    Heather is working for the Canadian government in this one. Maybe not H, but definitely the government.

Wolv #110
    With Domino & Gen X #19 Puck & Walt are quite clearly doing their own things, signalling the end of their time with Dept. H, which leads Puck to be an alcoholic in:
    X-Men Unlimited II#12/2
    I had kept this one after v3. Moved now.
    Does Domino #3 make it clearer that he's doing his own thing?

Alpha Flight II#1-5,
    MAV2 3
    Why then, as opposed to after #2?

AF2 6-8
    ... XMan27,28,
    I've always thought of this one as a prologue to v2?

XFAC141,142, 143
    Deadpool III#1,
    My placement of the X-Man & X-Factors with Aurora would be around here rather than at publishing to explain why JP couldn't find her and her extremely fragile mental state in Volume 2.
    Which is why I think of them as prologuey.

AFII 17-20,
    UXM #359
    UX 365
    These were REALLY hard to place, as although published a lot earlier if the X-Men were in contact with Shaman surely they'd mention the Alpha Flight they faced in #355, same with Puck & Logan being all pally again.
    I cheated, and keep them with X-Men, not Alpha Flight.

BP3 42-44
    CitV #2
    Wolv171-175
    I can't remember off the top of my head why I had the Black Panther's before Wolverine 171+ possibly because of Heather being in the field which would indicate it was before her pregnancy.
    Good enough.

Okay, I've incorporated a bunch of changes based off your list. Not everything you suggested, but most of it. A lot of stuff in there I have, but not as part of my AF collection. (eg: Weapon X has its own section in my collection, which is why I haven't remixed it properly.)
    A few of them I simply don't have. (Mostly stuff like the X-Men where JP was no longer an Alphan; but I do plan to fix this eventually.)

- Le Messor
    Dawn: I feel safe with you.
    Spike: Take that back.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 03-22-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Are all those Wolverines appearances?
    The Wolverine ones are just listed first AF appearance to last, with the non AF issues for timescale, and cos I couldn't be bothered breaking them up.

Isn't Hulk just a cameo (which would explain why it's not in my AF section)?
    Yeah, just JP for a panel.

iirc, he's not in #2.
    Yeah, as with the Wolverine issues I just put 1-3 rather than 1,3.

Heather is working for the Canadian government in this one. Maybe not H, but definitely the government.
    True, it could pretty much slot in a lot of places. I just needed to have it before #6 which slots in to Kyle's X-Factor timeline.

Does Domino #3 make it clearer that he's doing his own thing?
    Not really, there's less of him than in #1.

Why then, as opposed to after #2?
    I honestly can't remember... possibly because that's where the storyline in Vol.2 was less static, or possibly just taken from another chrono-site.

I've always thought of this one as a prologue to v2?
    Which is why I think of them as prologuey.
    Prologuey to JP & JM's part in Vol.2 yeah definitely, but to the timeframe of JP waking up on the boat so they'd probably run simulataneously with the start of Vol.2... or something.

I cheated, and keep them with X-Men, not Alpha Flight.
    I like the cut of your jib squire.

Okay, I've incorporated a bunch of changes based off your list. Not everything you suggested, but most of it.
    Oh, I'm not saying I'm right, you're wrong.
    I like the debate and conversation, that's why I tried to kickstart all this.
    Any excuse to let my anal geeky collector side run riot with likeminded souls.

A lot of stuff in there I have, but not as part of my AF collection. (eg: Weapon X has its own section in my collection, which is why I haven't remixed it properly.)
    Ditto, which is why it's always useful to have lists like this.
    Well, not useful in real-world sense, but y'know...