Thread: Marvel sucking in the comic department.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Not to mention the kinds of stories it tells... I'm thinking about the time he goes back in time and murders his own parents, whistling all the way.
    But - there's blood and violence all over comics. Is it just because the ink is colored red so YOU KNOW it's blood that makes it different? (And by you, I mean that in a "wide term" - as in a very general, those who wouldn't let their kids read Deadpool, for example).

Remember when Snowbird ripped out Sasquatch's heart? You can definitely see blood. And then there's the story with - who was it? Llan? (Ugh, how did he ever exist?!?) - Where there was an entire city of dead people; dead bodies scattered everywhere (I can't remember the details - but Silver and Auric or whatever were in it too, with Nemesis).

To be clear, not saying anyone's wrong. Just always curious about the "fine line" for comics - where violence becomes "too much." (I mean there's some that clearly, purposely, go beyond the envelope - for example Rob Liefeld's latest Bloodstrike, had a guy's "privates" ripped off... And I remember, in the original Bloodstrike, or Brigade, or it might have been in Supreme - the character Supreme was literally ripping members of Bloodstrike apart - like arms being ripped off and people torn in half... which, I think I'd still let my kid read, assuming he had a firm understanding between reality and comics lol)
    Last edited by Tawmis; 10-12-2016 at 05:21 PM.