Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: alpha flight returns in chaos war!!!

My god, it's full of stars. *_*

I'm betting Snowbird resurrects them, not Sasquatch.

Who's the 'devil'? Witchfire or Dream Queen I guess.

Who doesn't want to be alive? Shaman, maybe.

Who holds the dead team together? Guardian. The living team, who revile working with a foe? Snowbird.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Interesting quote...

McCann urges Alpha Flight fans to pick up the "Chaos War: Alpha Flight" one-shot, stating that if there's a strong response to the book, there's a good chance it will lead to more Alpha Flight projects and the writer has by no means told all the stories he'd like to tell with the team. "I would love the chance to spread my wings more with the characters, especially the original Alphans, and see how big things can get. At their heyday, there was Alpha Flight, Beta Flight and Gamma Flight. So it's a fascinating concept that I'm only scratching the surface of in this story," McCann said. "My goal here is to show people why these characters are so cool. That's what I've been trying to do with 'Hawkeye & Mockingbird' since Mockingbird had been gone for so long. Alpha Flight, in this incarnation, has been gone for decades. So 'Chaos War: Alpha Flight' is an introduction to what's great about these characters and I definitely have much more story to tell with them.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Default Nice surprise.

I still wish Phil was drawing it and I'm leery about them being part of an event, but beggars can't be choosers. This is very close to the dream line-up I wanted, just missing Talisman, Puck and Madison. Contacting my comic shop to add this. Chaos War? Is this the event Hercules was coming back for?
    Last edited by DaVeO; 08-17-2010 at 02:26 PM.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Hmmmm....I've very surprised that Talisman isn't there too (since she was technically a part of Byrne's run)....Maybe Mr McCann doesn't like her?

It sounds like he certainly dislikes Michael Pointer, though...LOL! Yay for that!

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 08-17-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'm guessing being brought back to life would be Mac's "worst nightmare" and maybe the one who's "dream come true" to be alive again, may be Heather....In order to be with her child? I dunno. It's nice to see somebody who cares so much about Alpha working to bring them back.

Dana

BTW...Should we invite Mr McCann here, somehow?....Or at least thank him in some emails or something.
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 08-17-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Here's to hoping Mr McCann makes the Q eat his words about Alpha Flight.

I'm wondering if Puck is the member who pays the price to bring the others back to life (hence him not being included)?

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I'm guessing being brought back to life would be Mac's "worst nightmare" and maybe the one who's "dream come true" to be alive again, may be Heather....In order to be with her child? I dunno. It's nice to see somebody who cares so much about Alpha working to bring them back.

Dana

BTW...Should we invite Mr McCann here, somehow?....Or at least thank him in some emails or something.
    I am thinking that it is probably Shaman who is not happy to be back and it is Snowbird who is making the 'deal with the devil' to bring them back.

I also think Puck isn't there because he's in hell in the Wolverine comic.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

I'm excited (my multiple postings are probably telling)...It's also nice to see Mr McCann using some of the "hooks" that made the original team line-up interesting (damaged people, inner team conflict, etc...), maybe that combo was all it took to convince the big wigs at Marvel to give Alpha another chance? Whoo-Hooo!

Dana

Default Just read about the upcoming Alpha Flight one-shot!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/chao...ht-100817.html

and the first thing i did was send an email to my comic shop telling them to save me two copies, the second was to email ben (boardmaster) and third was to jump back onto this page!

theres no OTHER team that gets me all excited to hear about even ONE SHOTS featuring them the way alpha does!

HOPEFULLY it will be done right and the fans will get behind it!

Omega Flight was a joke, and Michael Pointer's powers were just too complicated. (BTW, from the interview i read.. link provided above.. it didnt seem like the new writer doesnt like MICHAEL as much as he doesnt like XORN.. but maybe i read it wrong)

I hope the fans get behind this cause i TRULY LOVE alpha flight and theyve gotten the short end fo the stick in marvel for too long.

I have too much time on my hands right now

How about this: Puck makes a deal with the Great Beasts, so he's in Hell as 'payment'; or Sasquatch does it (but then I can't guess the 'payment'). Either way living Snowbird is cheesed off, dead Shaman is too. You don't give the Great Beasts a break.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Does anybody know more about a possible Alpha Flight series by Phil Jimenez (maybe just doing the art)? There are possible hints here http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=27830 about it...

In the forum here http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=335012 a fellow claims that's what Brevoort is hinting at (and possibly written by somebody named Wells?...It's not Ben, is it? LOL!).

Dana