Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
There are multiple Supermen, with multiple histories.
There's Kid Flash from one timeline and Flash from another etc.
The Universe is neither pre-52 nor new-52; it's a mash-up of both, and without having read New-52 it's inaccessible to me.
But I've not really read _any_ DC other than Aquaman and Teen Titans/Titans (whatever they were called any given month) prior to New 52 (and even Aquaman and Teen Titans was before the new series before the - not the new 52, but where they did 52 issues - one a month - and changed everything - can't even remember what that was called). Anyway - so what I am saying is, I am only "familiar" with the New 52 stuff for DC. But they've done a great job merging New 52 and pre-New 52 to appease the fans that disliked New 52, and to me, have done a good job catching me up and explaining everything without going super into detail and over doing it.

(Not to say you're wrong, mind you, for not being able to enjoy it - merely pointing out, that I am only really familiar with the New 52, and still enjoy the pre New 52 that's been kept in Rebirth).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
But just because neither you or I are reading/enjoying Marvel titles anymore; it doesn't mean that they're sucking (not your words, just tying back into the original post). Marvel are absolutely hitting the younger demographic and gaining new non-traditional comics readers. That's their aim right now.
Us 30+ year old males aren't the focus, and I'm all for that.
Other than the incessant need to "make a diverse universe" of making every hero a female and/or of a non-white ethnic background - what I don't understand is, how do you target a lower age audience (other than with books like "Deadpool" and "Squirrel Girl", which are silly books, without much in regards to story, no matter what anyone says!) I mean, it's basic super heroes. How do you make it so that one audience can't enjoy it? (Answer: Bad writing).