Quote Originally Posted by ClawMaraud View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

Tawmis, you are so right. I do not read many titles from Marvel anymore but I do imagine that Alpha Flight is the one team that may have taken the most liberties with multiple deaths and rebirths all through its' existence.

Too funny about your take on the Phoenix Force getting all flustered about how Mac keeps coming back from the great beyond. Had me chuckling away here. I chuckled even more when I read it again.
    I can hardly think of someone who hasn't died and come back more often than Mac has.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I can hardly think of someone who hasn't died and come back more often than Mac has.
    Jean Grey, I'm sure there's more.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    You know, I am not sure that there is. I can... count I think three times that Jean Grey has come back? (Originally with X-Factor, then twice after that... but she's currently still "dead").
    Where as Mac... I believe there's about four times, right off the top of my head, I believe if I am remembering correctly... (counting this most recent one).

And on that note, an interesting thread on another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    You know, I am not sure that there is. I can... count I think three times that Jean Grey has come back? (Originally with X-Factor, then twice after that... but she's currently still "dead").
    Where as Mac... I believe there's about four times, right off the top of my head, I believe if I am remembering correctly... (counting this most recent one).
    Jean's only died 'for realsies' twice, the high-profile nature of her first resurrection and her Phoenix powers tends to give her a label as a resurrection queen that just isn't warranted. She died on the moon in the Dark Phoenix Saga, that was later retconned into not actually being her, and then she was never actually killed off again until she was killed by Xorn/Magneto in Morrison's run. She came back from that death in Phoenix Endsong, and she's currently chilling in another plane of existence, waiting until she's ready to come back to Earth.

Not counting all the one-off deaths that every hero racks up, Jean has only died twice. And she's not currently dead, just in character limbo. Mac's got her beat.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Suzene, nice Python bit there.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Jean's only died 'for realsies' twice,
    Depends on how you count it. As a reader, I don't care how they retcon it - I care about how many times I've been told she's dead, only to later on be told 'Ha, ha, fooled you'. Or the characters have been.

And that's as many as four-tens times. And that's terrible.

- Le Messor
    Visitor: "Is Jean here?"
    Charles: "I'm, I'm sorry, haven't you heard? She's dead."
    Visitor: "I'll wait."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Depends on how you count it. As a reader, I don't care how they retcon it - I care about how many times I've been told she's dead, only to later on be told 'Ha, ha, fooled you'. Or the characters have been.

And that's as many as four-tens times. And that's terrible.
    Fair enough, but that's true of any character. Everyone gets that trick pulled on them at some point or another, so it shouldn't factor in when putting Jean ahead of everyone else in terms of how many times she's died.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Fair enough, but that's true of any character. Everyone gets that trick pulled on them at some point or another, so it shouldn't factor in when putting Jean ahead of everyone else in terms of how many times she's died.
    Not everyone has had it as often as Jean, but I think what really gets her her rep is the one big one. The death of Phoenix on the Moon was a huge thing, people were sending flowers to Marvel and everything.
    Then she got better.

- Le Messor
    "I bet the main reason police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the debris, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!""
    ~ Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    I figured I'd humor myself and google ""how many times has Jean Grey died?"... I guess it depends on how "technical" you want to be... LOL