Thread: No Northstar Is No Happy...

Hybrid View

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    ... but her powers don't work that way.

Yes, I know what you meant, it's just your comment tied in so well with their power set, and technically after Walt's changes to her they do and...
    ~ Le Messor

Walt's experiment on Jeanne-Marie in Alpha Flight #17 isn't the only change she has undergone: in the issue of Secret War II (written by Jim Shooter) with AF, it showed the first time the twins' powers negated each other...unless I've missed it somewhere (else) between AF #17 and AF#29.

Prior to publishing the huge compilation of early-era Alpha Flight, maybe some of the current and former creators and editors could share their views on whether they believe AF# 29 is a seamless, fluid continuation of the Byrne run.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 07-14-2016 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Thanks, Beyonder

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    in the issue of Secret War II (written by Jim Shooter) with AF, it showed the first time the twins' powers negated each other...
    You describe #4. It was fairly ambiguous what they were talking about at the time (Beyonder thinks, about them whacking into each other, 'It affects their powers, but they're too stunned to notice'), but I imagine Mantlo had told Shooter his plans. (Mantlo, not Byrne. Negating each other's powers seems to be Mantlo's addition.)

I'm pretty sure they didn't touch at any other time between #17 and #29, but I'm open to correction.

~ Le Messor
    "I have never found in a long experience of politics that criticism is ever inhibited by ignorance."
    ~ Harold Macmillan