Thread: Original Alpha Flight

Threaded View

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Volume 4 is volume 4; volume 1 is volume 1

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm genuinely interested as to why you think it's a case of they couldn't be bothered?
    Life doesn't have perfect wrapped up stories, so why does fiction have to?
    [(a) good fiction should have a beginning, middle, and end because (2) fiction is not real life. Real life is real life.] Garry R. Jones
    Not everything has to be explained [explaining/showing what happened to Wendigo, Citadel, Ranark, or Purple Woman when Squatch started choking the crap out of Northstar shouldn't be too much to ask] and tied up in a bow; [satisfying fiction should have a beginning, middle, and end because good fiction is satisfying fiction] ...
    Especially in an ongoing comic universe where the story is never over.

I mentioned RH:MR and AX:WWW as these continued the story and actually answered your question as to government status. [and you can post a panel that will confirm this, I assume?]

There's only a frenzy if you choose there to be one. [?]
    Where your own money is concerned you should never be manipulated! [?????????? I said I didn't want to play the profit-and-unviable game anymore; I don't think I said anything about being manipulated.]

There's the problem then; people shouldn't buy more than one copy - that's clearly just creating a house of false statistics that inevitably comes tumbling down, proving Marvel right. [BINGO!]
    And that's fine, don't play the game - I fully, fully support your decision and completely agree with it; if you don't enjoy something, don't pay money for it.

However, just because you personally don't like something, it doesn't mean that it was bad. [You've jumped from something I "don't enjoy" inferring that it means it is something "bad". If I ever said/or wrote that volume 4 was bad, please point that out to me (so I can apologize). If I ever said volume 3 or 2 was bad, please point that out to me. If I ever said that Omega Flight mini-series was bad, please point that out to me. If I ever said that I didn't like volume 2, 3, 4 or the Omega Flight mini-series, please point that out to me.

What I have said/written and I mean to this day ---and make no apologies for---is I hate the Mantlo era. No inference needed.

Personally I think Volume 4 was far truer to Byrne than 2&3. And nowhere near 'demolishing' or 'character assassinating'

You say you'd 'rather come up with a storyline you know you'd like' - what's to say that anyone else would like it? [You imply that it has to be published, like what you're used to]
    All this is very much off-topic though [not really]; I'm interested to see your vision of the team, and hopefully I will like it!
    It amazes me that this is the longest response/reply you've ever sent me...IIRC.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 04-11-2016 at 06:18 PM.