Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Alpha Flight (related) comic cover?

Default What is your favorite Alpha Flight (related) comic cover?

Doesn't necessary need to be an issue of ALPHA FLIGHT, but may be Alpha Flight related (maybe where Mac appeared in UXM #109, or where they were guests in ROM or whatever).

For me, I think UXM #121 is still my favorite cover (it was a battle between that, and issue #1 and #3 or #4 - with Aurora on the cover?)

But I think since this was my first introduction to Alpha Flight, and it's a pretty cool action cover - this is just special to me.

Last edited by Tawmis; 04-27-2016 at 04:38 PM.

This is the one cover I like from X-Men Classic #27

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	classicxmen.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	5240
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

Alpha flight five with puck bouncing all across the screen, XMEN what ever and af 17 where it has Mac punching wolverine with colossus in the background, and the alternate cover af volume 4 number 2 where it has the upside down maple and jail bars shadowing puck
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

Great covers listed already, especially X-Men #121... but you can't have a true list of AF covers without including Issue #12.
    Often copied, but never duplicated... one of the best covers (and best stories) of any comic series.

Name:	AF 12.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	5244
    The Flight Forever !

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    I like the synchronicity that your choice is the reimagined cover to Tawmis' choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I like the synchronicity that your choice is the reimagined cover to Tawmis' choice.
    With Alpha Flight looking a lot more victorious (and vicious, I might add!)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm a big fan of Wolverine #172:

Name:	wol172_original.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	5239
    That really is a great cover also. Everyone is drawn VERY well on the cover. (Even Sasquatch was captured looking pretty good!) Usually the hardest one for any artist to ever get right.

Name:	classicxmen.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	5240
    So what draws you to this cover? (Other than Alpha Flight standing over the X-Men)

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Alpha flight five with puck bouncing all across the screen, XMEN what ever and af 17 where it has Mac punching wolverine with colossus in the background, and the alternate cover af volume 4 number 2 where it has the upside down maple and jail bars shadowing puck
    Hah! That Puck cover is pretty awesome! Is Puck a favorite of yours? Is that why you love that particular cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Great covers listed already, especially X-Men #121... but you can't have a true list of AF covers without including Issue #12.
    Often copied, but never duplicated... one of the best covers (and best stories) of any comic series.

Name:	AF 12.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	5244
    Heh - yes, that is a very, very, very awesome cover - that has now been used (in variation) several times throughout Alpha Flight's history (is it three times in total now?)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Heh - yes, that is a very, very, very awesome cover - that has now been used (in variation) several times throughout Alpha Flight's history (is it three times in total now?)
    I think so. All the #12s.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

So it did.

To me, the cover makes them look like they don't care what they just did and the smirk smiles just it make it them look more badass. Kinda like saying Canada-1/ USA-0.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

To me, the cover makes them look like they don't care what they just did and the smirk smiles just it make it them look more badass. Kinda like saying Canada-1/ USA-0.
    That's a good enough reason - though Mac's grin is a little over the top.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Alpha Flight # 67 [honorable mention: X-Men Annual # 1 (2007), with the Aurora/Northstar reverse/alternate uniforms)

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

I also really enjoyed the cover to AF 59 where the aged puck is in the jade dragons talons. When I first saw it I was like hmm Fin fang foom. Left field choice lol
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd