Thread: X-Men Legacy 264 Thread *SPOILERS*

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Heard of it, but never read it. That's the Future Foundation with Spideyman, right? Yeah, never read it. Incidentally, did i read somewheres that Johnny Storm is already alive again?
    It is. I don't know what you personally may or may not have read, but me, I've lost track of who's dead right now. (I'm about two months behind on FF; I'll pick up the next two because I ordered them from my LCS, but that's all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Do you not know what Kingdom Come is?
    Um...the first one, mainly. Don't know what it is, too lazy to look it up.
    Kingdom Come is a Kurt Busiek / Alex Ross mini series by DC in, what, the mid-late 90's? It's largely about parodying the anti-heroes of the day, and it generally considered a classic comic book work.
    Unlike a lot of classic comic book works, I thoroughly enjoy it.
    It's a sort of dystopian future Elseworlds, in which Cable Magog has led Superman into retirement, which makes most of the classics retire.
    It's really good.

- Le Messor
    "If you choose not to live with reality, reality will come and live with you."
    ~ jan@bagend.atl.ga.us
    Last edited by Le Messor; 05-03-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post

Kingdom Come is a Kurt Busiek / Alex Ross mini series by DC in, what, the mid-late 90's? It's largely about parodying the anti-heroes of the day, and it generally considered a classic comic book work.
    Unlike a lot of classic comic book works, I thoroughly enjoy it.
    It's a sort of dystopian future Elseworlds, in which Cable Magog has led Superman into retirement, which makes most of the classics retire.
    It's really good.
    Indeed it is really good, but didn't Mark Waid write it? Busiek and Ross did Marvels for, well, Marvel.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eberly View Post
    Indeed it is really good, but didn't Mark Waid write it? Busiek and Ross did Marvels for, well, Marvel.
    Knew I'd get that wrong!
    (Checks his GN.) Yep, you're right, it's Waid, and Marvels is Busiek.
    I kind of always think of Kingdom Come as a follow-up to Marvels; Alex Ross going 'I did that for Marvel, let's see what I can do for you, DC' and forget they had writers.

- Le Messor
    "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
    ~ Yogi Berra (attrib)