Thread: Bendis on Cancelling X-Men Titles

Hybrid View

Oh yeah, I know... but sending them to Hell still seems like a stupid idea to me... I don't know if it made more sense in context of the writing or whatever, and maybe it's because I'm not Christian, but I think it's stupid... Especially since 'Hell' is already covered by the Norse part of Marvel Mythology come to life. I'm sure you can imagine how I feel about Nightcrawler actually being the son of a demon or some crap, too... I mean, if a devout member of an abramic religion goes to ether some version of Heaven or 'Hell', cool, I'm down with that... but making characters demons for no reson when their powers had already had an origin, and sending an atheist to hell... yeah...no...

But yeah like you said, they've only done it once! XD And I mean, was he even REALLY dead that time?

As to Storm in the movies... Hally can only play abused women. She belongs on Lifetime, not in superhero movies. Pathetic. I'd heard from others that there were deleted scenes for Storm in Days of Future Past, where in the final cut she's just a background character. Given the fact that Storm is a very important X-Man but has been nothing but a 'Sexy Lamp' in ALL the X-Men movies, if it's true she had scenes and they got cut, yeah, I'm blaming Hally for turning Storm into a simpering bimbo. That probably has SOMETHING to do with it.

I was thinking Iman for storm... She's statuesque, intimidating, but warm and kind underneath, and she actually is from Africa and has an incredible commanding voice... she wouldn't really even have to TRY. lol
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    I'm sure you can imagine how I feel about Nightcrawler actually being the son of a demon or some crap, too...
    Worse, the mutant that 'demons' now are.
    I don't like Chuck Austen.

But yeah like you said, they've only done it once! XD And I mean, was he even REALLY dead that time?
    Oh, who can even keep track?

As to Storm in the movies... Hally can only play abused women.
    I loved her in The Flintstones!

Given the fact that Storm is a very important X-Man but has been nothing but a 'Sexy Lamp' in ALL the X-Men movies, if it's true she had scenes and they got cut, yeah, I'm blaming Hally for turning Storm into a simpering bimbo. That probably has SOMETHING to do with it.
    There are many, many reasons why scenes or even entire characters end up on the cutting room floor.
    Do you blame Christopher Lee for Saruman not being in The Return of the King (Theatrical release)?

~ Le Messor
    "Denial is not just a river in Egypt."
    Last edited by Phil; 07-24-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    There are many, many reasons why scenes or even entire characters end up on the cutting room floor.
    Do you blame Christopher Lee for Saruman not being in The Return of the King (Theatrical release)?
    No, but then Christopher Lee probably didn't have a line in Return of the King where he says something like:

"Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause) "The same thing as everything else!"

Granted, that's a writing thing - but I wonder if she said, "I think I should say something like this..." And it's Halle Berry, and they probably thought, "Well, just let her have this moment..."

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause) "The same thing as everything else!"
    I may be the only person on the planet who actually likes that line...
    but I do think it should've been reversed.

ie:
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Men
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause, lightning strike) "The same thing as everything else!"
    should have been:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause) "The same thing as everything else!" (lightning strike)
    to giver Mortimer a moment to reflect on what he's saying. I think it would've been better that way.

Then again, I think the mid- and post-credits scenes in Captain America 2 should've been swapped around, too. So what do I know?

~ Le Messor
    "If you want work done, select a busy man; the other kind has no time."
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Then again, I think the mid- and post-credits scenes in Captain America 2 should've been swapped around, too. So what do I know?
    The only reason they did it the way they did is to have the more important one (plotty and directly dealing with an upcoming film) come first so more people will see it. They did the same thing with Thor 2!

...this has nothing to do with anything, carry on.