Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Handbook Updates

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z VOL. 13 PREMIERE HC
    Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, STUART VANDAL, RONALD BYRD, MIKE O’SULLIVAN, MICHAEL HOSKIN, MADISON CARTER, SEAN MCQUAID, MIKE FICHERA, MARKUS RAYMOND, ROB LONDON, JACOB ROUGEMONT, CHRIS BIGGS, JEPH YORK, DAVID WILTFONG & KEVIN GARCIA
    Penciled by VARIOUS
    Cover by TOM GRUMMETT
    Because twelve volumes couldn't possibly be enough, the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe carries on with lucky number thirteen! Featuring more expanded and up-to-date biographies from the likes of the Vision to the Young Avengers! Including a host of X-teams including X-Factor, X-Force, X-Men and X-Statix! Includes heroes such as War Machine, the Hulk's Warbound, Adam Warlock, Warpath, the Wasp(s), Wiccan, the Winter Guard, Pete Wisdom, Wolfsbane, Wolverine, Wonder Man, Jimmy Woo, X-23, Nate Grey the X-Man and Xorn! With villains including Emperor Vulcan, Vulture, Weapon X, Wendigo, Whiplash, Wizard, the Wrecking Crew and the Yellow Claw! Plus: Werewolves! Wild Child! The New Mutants' Warlock! Asgard's own Warriors Three! Mary Jane Watson! Face it tiger, you just hit the mother lode!
    240 PGS./Rated T+ ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-4178-5
    Trim size: standard
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0912...citations.html

Im interested to see what they say about Wild Child, but the entry Im looking forward to the most is Wendigo.

Im sure Omega Flight will also get a mention in the Wrecking Crew entry.

OK issue #12 is out and Alpha Flight made it again!

Vindicator is on the cover and gets a 2pg entry, expanded from her 1pg entry in the 2005 OHOtMU Women of Marvel. One of the illustrations is the awesome "battle armor" from Uncanny X-Men #432 and you can see part of Northstar's back and part of Sasquatch's armor in that illustration.

The Tribe of the Moon had a 1pg entry

And you can see Alt. Heather Hudson (Exiles) in the Timebreakers entry, very tiny.

Noteworthy part of Vindicator's entry: the last sentence "The status and location of the Hudson's daughter following the death of her parents is unrevealed."

Also, Wolverine is listed as one of her known relatives as "cousin, once removed by marriage" which is correct if you can follow the Hudson family tree from Wolverine Origins #33

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

rplass, please, as a kindness to me, never post that link to the Hudson family tree again. I have never read that before and would hope that I never have to again.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

OK I won't, but realize that by expressing extreme revulsion to a link is the surest way to get people to click on it. Thanks for helping generate the extra traffic!

Love,
    rplass

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    OK I won't, but realize that by expressing extreme revulsion to a link is the surest way to get people to click on it. Thanks for helping generate the extra traffic!

Love,
    rplass
    My revulsion is not directed to the blog, but the subject matter. It just reminds me how ridiculous Marvel are when it comes to retconning things. It suggests to me that the fella who writes soap scripts maybe had a weekend off
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I guess nobody spotted the Alphan in the Official Handbook A-Z Update #1 that was released this week? Only a small entry for a minor Alphan (before anyone rushes out and buys it only to be disappointed), but a new entry nonetheless. And new art for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I guess nobody spotted the Alphan in the Official Handbook A-Z Update #1 that was released this week? Only a small entry for a minor Alphan (before anyone rushes out and buys it only to be disappointed), but a new entry nonetheless. And new art for them too.
    Who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Who was it?
    Manbot

Manbot
    Well I'll be, that would be interesting to see. I assume his current whereabouts are unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Well I'll be, that would be interesting to see. I assume his current whereabouts are unknown.
    Pretty much.

Well gee how about some spoiler space? The thing just came out two days ago! Please!

I was going to buy it anyway but ugh, the surprise is ruined. You ruined Christmas!

Pretty much.
    haha good guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Well gee how about some spoiler space? The thing just came out two days ago! Please!

I was going to buy it anyway but ugh, the surprise is ruined. You ruined Christmas!
    Don't worry Santa still will be good to you, but the Easter Bunny on the other hand....

Not sure, but very likely that Mac will appear in June 2010:

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z UPDATE #2
    Written by VARIOUS
    Cover by KALMAN ANDRASOFSZKY
    The OFFICIAL HANDBOOK continues its 2010 crusade to chronicle the Marvel Universe with 64 pages of ALL-NEW profiles with EXCLUSIVE ORIGINAL ART for dozens of characters! This issue covers the spectrum of the Marvel U... The men: Maximus the Mad! Phil Sheldon! Skeleton Ki! The women: Shooting Star! Poundcakes! Ecstacy! The aliens: Acanti! Dire Wraiths! Quwrlln! The groups: Leatherneck Raiders! Night Shift! Damage Control! Plus many, many more!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

It's hard to see how he couldn't appear in the entry for Quwrlln, but it depends how much space is allotted for illustrations.

Love,
    rplass

Well at the very least Im sure he will get a mention.