Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
See, my issue is with all of the above. lol Depowering him was stupid since Marvel has always played up the 'is he Sabretooth's bastard son' mystery. Over powering him isn't an improvement, ether. I hate all these immortal feral mutants. How boring is it to read stories where no one need fear for their mortality, and you know none of them will really die? These characters have become completely unrelateable thanks to a bunch of writers who write like 12 year old WWE enthusiasts. This is like the world's worst fanfic round robin. "Ha, I killed off one of your guys, lol." "Screw you, he's immortal now he can't die""Oh yeah, well Wolverine is ten times more powerful than a whole room full of immortal villains now, and beats them all up! So there!"

LAME. It would have been a blessing for Wildchild to be de-powered. I'd rather read a story about former mutants dealing with this change in their lives, and see how he handles it since it was the source of so much suffering, though I imagine he would still be insane and institutionalized for years to get his life back, the poor ****er. I want a story with some heart written by people who care about the characters and who develop them further. Not a reenactment of some kid's Overpower session.
Couldn't agree more with you! There is nothing more boring than immortality! I love characters that are weak, have fears and flaws. That's what makes them relateable to me. I had to outline the same thing to a player in a RPG game I played, in which her character can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. And even with my characters explaining that people love flaws, etc... she still continued to write as if he character was God (and more!). Boooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggg ggggggggg!