Not familiar with Adam Strange. I've only been reading DC books since the New 52 launch. He's got some Canadian red and white on his costume. Does that make him the new leader of the team?
Adam Strange was a scientist/adventurer who travelled through space with the use of boom-tubes. In the New 52, JLU # 0 will be his first appearance.

He has Canadian red and white, yes. In the New 52, he IS Canadian. Not sure if the colours are by chance, or on-purpose.

New leader? Doubtful, although it sounds like he will be rather important. I'd expect that Martian Manhunter will be the team's unofficial leader; his mental powers make him the obvious choice.

It is an interesting lineup. Although Green Arrow doesn't seem to fit real well with the space-y theme. Nor the new Canadian aboriginal hero they are creating, either. I guess those two characters will help keep the team "grounded" during their adventures on Canadian soil.

After all the research Lemire has done on Canada, and all the excitement he has had about doing a team book based there, I hope the team doesn't up and move somewhere else after 7 or 8 months...