I'm with Mik on this one. Better put some...

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

space in here.

Johnathon Kent suggesting Clark should let people die (including himself) rather than doing anything he can to save them. What is that?! "With great power, comes great paranoia"? With an upbringing like that, it's no wonder Clark was so petty and spiteful to that trucker. "Hey, I'll show my restraint by not popping the obnoxious trucker's head off like a dandelion, but instead I'll ruin his means of making a living! I'm a hero!"

And, as mentioned before, the fact that Superman and the evil Kryptonians destroy a small town and a good chunk of a major city without Superman seeming to be too worried about the obvious (probably significant) loss of life (did he try to pull the fight out of these populated areas to a desert or anything?), yet is so broken up about Zod trying to kill one family that he's willing to betray one of the traditional core Superman credos. It's like if Nolan had had Batman just running around Gotham mowing down criminals with a machine gun.

If they had called this movie (or its hero) something else like, Powerguy, I think it would have been more okay. But they called it Superman, which carries with it a certain level of responsibility.

Oh, and I thought Thor: The Dark World was much better than the first one, though I still detest Portman's Jane Foster. I would have been much more pleased if the actress who played the assistant (the one from 2 Broke Girls) had played Jane Foster with that same snarkiness.