Quote Originally Posted by Manikin
It is up to the subjugated portion of the population (this isn't as communist as it sounds) to take a stand up en-masse and demand their rights, by herself She-Hulk is completely inneffective, something shown by her being yanked around in the Baldwin case.
I will say that I think you are missing my point. I did not say that She-Hulk would singlehandedly bring an end to the SHRA. Imagine however every anti-reg hero standing up and fighting this through proper channels. I am also sorry, but either I have never read, or heard about, heroes being drafted into Shield against their will. So I cannot remark about Cloud9.
Marvel seems to have been back and forth on the entire "universal" draft idea throughout CW. As I originally understood it, only those wishin to exercise their powers in a public capacity, namely crimefighting, would be subject to draft, while those that chose to not exercise their powers, or otherwsie remanied off the "radar", would be left alone.

That's nothing new of course. Atthe beginning of CW it was said that Canada had it's own SRA overturned, but now with OF we've suddenly had an SRA all along... which as apparently worked beautufllu and never turned any of us Canucks against each other. Our heroes don't fight each other, we don't illegally abducted and experiment on them, we don't make clones, or try to force anyone into service. We don't do any of those things that those evil Marvel Americans do.

But yeah, I am vaguely aware of Cloud9 and her fellow recruits.

Regarding the SRA and those heroes opposed to it; it seems worth mentioning that no one was labelled Anti-Reg at the time the Act was passed. This is a label they all earned by virtue of their deeds and reaction. They could have chosen to cooperate, and pursued the matter throug the same avenues any of us non-superpowered, non-sociopathic people would have to, and leave rebellion as a last resort. Pro-Reg heroes in the very inner circle of it all were freely expressing doubt and dissent, and no one was trying to crush or silence them for it. In contrast, Captain America himself raged like a fanatic the moment doubt was expressed in his own faction, declaring that they haven't a clue about freedom... seeming to imply that true freedom was only gained through subjagation to Cap's vision and worldview, as opposed to exercising one's own judgment and having one's own opinions and ideas.

Anyway, a concerted effort made by a unified superhero community to oppose the SRA in a meaningful and acceptable manner was entirely viable at the outset. And they could have mustered all of the resources of society to oppose the Act, including their own intelligence network. Andmost of all, the option for violence would still have been there if none of it had worked out.

At the very least the anti-reg camp could have had a less polarized view of the affair, and kept the door open for the residents of the Middle Yard to work their magic.

Of course, demonstrations and legal proceedings don't make for good comicbooks. Superhero battles make for good comicbooks. And in the end, while I respect the climes that some people are living under, including the writers of CW, it's just a comicbook to me. Anyway, I would have liked to see some middle grounders from both sides adding depth to the story and working together to moderate the conflcit and work for a true resolution while all of the single minded knuckleheads did what knuckleheads do. I would have liked to see more honour amongst them, more respect for the opposition... all of whom should have known better than to try and villify the other.