Well, Civil War is over (I won't spoil the ending for enyone who hasn't picked up the book yet). The book's epilog/afterward has an interesting tidbit about OF. Joe Q is discussing what is coming next (The Initiative, etc.) when he mentions OF as one of 2007's hottest debuts. Here is the text:

"April showers us with two incredible debuts. If you want to get in on the ground floor of what's going to be one of 2007's hottest new launches, then you'll want to pick up issue #1 of AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE by Dan Slott and Stefano Caselli. And in OMEGA FLIGHT, there are some heroes who don't just go underground, they go north to continue the fight!"
The last pages of the book also feature a panel with OF - nothing new or surprising at all.

Seems to me that pushing OF as one of the hottest debuts in 2007 is contradictory to the fact thats its not an ongoing. Whether this means that Marvel has every intention of turning it into an ongoing (unless it tanks horribly) or if Marvel is pulling the old "bait and switch," I'm not at all sure.