Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackity Jones' Discovery Of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    That's not T.Rex, FP.
    Yes, but it was the quickest dinosaur song reference i could come up with. It was either that, or i was going to hum The Flintstones' theme.

I am pretty sure that Northstar's hair is not on straight.
    Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Northstar is straight!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post

I love those! I got a chance to get some in Canada, which would have been a perfect Alpha Flight-in-Canada purchase... but I already had them. So I don't know if I should have a smiley or a frowney here.
    They're so CUTE. I wouldn't mind a Talisman one, though. And a Byrne Heather one.

As I said on this thread - I made that stuff up. I've never read the book.
    (I have made the same joke in front of somebody who HAS read the book, and was told it didn't happen.)
    I need to know this.

No, Steal My Sunshine is by Len!
    I'm... borrowing it. I'll put it back, I swear!

(This thread is even more popular now, if anything.)
    Promise?

Don't blame Phil, I acted alone.
    Sorry.
    hahaha. Don't worry, I know who is truly to blame. I don't hold Phil responsible for your actions. :P

But it is one of my favourite bands.
    (T-Rex isn't, but I do like them.)
    I...really??
    And T.Rex is mandatory listening. Marc Bolan was a blessing to music. He died the year I was born, and missed being my future boyfriend by doing so.

~ Le Messor
    "CIA agents dressed in bikinis tried to stab us with fountain pens. Fidel and I opened a chain of Kentucky Fried Chicken shops. I feel good. I feel better than James Brown."
    ~ Was (Not Was) (the band who did Walk the Dinosaur)
    I know nothing of this band. Link me something else by them that you like, plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Yes, but it was the quickest dinosaur song reference i could come up with. It was either that, or i was going to hum The Flintstones' theme.
    T.Rex is the eater of cars! (my user title). :P

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Northstar is straight!
    YOU.

I think they were $20 or just under $20 shipped. And that's because I chose expedited shipping. They would have been $12 and change without shipping.
    Whatever. So worth it.
    Convinced. Ordered mine last night.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

What are you talking about?
    And! If everybody leaves to go check out YOUR thread, does that mean they are going to leave my thread forever? 0_o
    CJ, I won't leave your thread forever because there is still lots of stuff to talk (gripe) about concerning volume 1...and I don't really know anything about the subject that Le Messor is concerned about.

*sniffle*
    Everyone is going to fall out of love with my thread.
    No, they're not. Your thread has focused on the complexity of the series in a way I haven't seen...and I get to gripe about the Mantlo era some more.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 07-03-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

They're so CUTE. I wouldn't mind a Talisman one, though. And a Byrne Heather one.
    ... and a Nemesis one and a DreamQueen one and...

Tawmis: whoever made these seemed to KNOW Alpha Flight, and put a lot of thought into them.

Promise?
    I think it's back to you already.

I...really??
    And T.Rex is mandatory listening. Marc Bolan was a blessing to music. He died the year I was born, and missed being my future boyfriend by doing so.
    I have two of their best-ofs. I like T-Rex, just not 'favourite band' like them.

I know nothing of this band. Link me something else by them that you like, plz?
    I'm gonna assume you know Walk The Dinosaur (which FP referenced). (At least, when I say I like them to people, that's the one song anybody knows.)
    They're the most urban band I listen to seriously.
    I'm usually more into classic rock (like T-Rex!), but these guys... Love 'em! They've been described as a razor blade in a candy bar for having really sweet songs that if you listen to them... uh...

These two songs aren't necessarily examples of that:
    Out Come The Freaks:
    (There's a version of this on every one of their albums 'cept the latest. The versions are actually different to each other!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPkO00K0RnQ

How the Heart Behaves (acoustic) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdVP4Kuc5xo

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    CJ, I won't leave your thread forever because there is still lots of stuff to talk (gripe) about concerning volume 1...
    I don't think anybody will be leaving your thread any time soon, Crackity. It's too fun!

No, they're not. Your thread has focused on the complexity of the series in a way I haven't seen...and I get to gripe about the Mantlo era some more.
    'zackly!

~ Le Messor
    "He was stealing a TV when he should've been in bed."
    ~ Was (Not Was), From The Head To The Heart (which I couldn't find on YouTube)

I don't think anybody will be leaving your thread any time soon, Crackity. It's too fun!
    And she'll have fun fun fun 'til her daddy takes her Snowbird away.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Is that what we're calling Mantlo now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Convinced. Ordered mine last night.
    I thought you already had them? In fact, I was giving you credit for me even knowing about them. Huh. I must be losing my mind.

CJ, I won't leave your thread forever because there is still lots of stuff to talk (gripe) about concerning volume 1...and I don't really know anything about the subject that Le Messor is concerned about.
    Garry is my Gripe Friend. We're like two old souls that b!tch and reb!tch about The Mantlo Times. We need each other to fuel the other.

Yesssssssss. <3

Tawmis: whoever made these seemed to KNOW Alpha Flight, and put a lot of thought into them.
    I'd love a DreamQueen one.

Well she did forget to list Snowbird...

I thought you already had them? In fact, I was giving you credit for me even knowing about them. Huh. I must be losing my mind.
    Not quite. You're still right to "give me credit" - just not in owning them. In the CBR thread, there was a discussion (I think you asked?) before the CBR forums rebooted - about Alpha Flight merchandise. I posted all my Bowen pictures (and apparently the Diamond Distributor Snowbird! So annoyed that I didn't pick up the Bowen one too!) as well as the mini mates, and those weeble wobble things.

I want a GOBLYN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, NO.
    I want a Goblyn STATUE.
    Rightnow.

And Goblyn, guys. GOBLYN. How can you forget the amazing, awesome, CRAZAY Goblyn??

I think it's back to you already.
    It doesn't always have to be about me. As long as it can be...sometimes.

I have two of their best-ofs. I like T-Rex, just not 'favourite band' like them.
    I am going to guess their early stuff is not on those? You really should have a listen to their self-titled album. Specifically: "The Wizard" and "One Inch Rock". Unless they are on your best-ofs? I wouldn't think so, but maybe "The Wizard" is.
    I could listen to Marc Bolan sing all day.
    Oh, and Nick Cave. If Nick Cave could just sing "Hallelujah" to me, I could die happy.

I'm gonna assume you know Walk The Dinosaur (which FP referenced). (At least, when I say I like them to people, that's the one song anybody knows.)
    They're the most urban band I listen to seriously.
    I'm usually more into classic rock (like T-Rex!), but these guys... Love 'em! They've been described as a razor blade in a candy bar for having really sweet songs that if you listen to them... uh...

These two songs aren't necessarily examples of that:
    Out Come The Freaks:
    (There's a version of this on every one of their albums 'cept the latest. The versions are actually different to each other!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPkO00K0RnQ

How the Heart Behaves (acoustic) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdVP4Kuc5xo
    I listened to the Out Come the Freaks song, and I'm getting ready to listen to the other one.
    Nothing like deceiving music.
    There is someone else who does this with music. Makes upbeat songs, but the lyrics are totally dark. And I cannot recall who it is. D@mmit.

I hope not. I am having fun in my own little corner of the e-world here. It's like one big Not-Always-Alpha-Flight Party. Or something.

~ Le Messor
    "He was stealing a TV when he should've been in bed."
    ~ Was (Not Was), From The Head To The Heart (which I couldn't find on YouTube)
    But you TRIED!!!

Le Messor!
    That "How the Heart Behaves" song is MESSED UP.

So sad.

And Goblyn, guys. GOBLYN. How can you forget the amazing, awesome, CRAZAY Goblyn??
    I wish i could. One of my least fave not-Alphans.

It doesn't always have to be about me. As long as it can be...sometimes.
    Nope, too late; your thread, all 'bout you.

There is someone else who does this with music. Makes upbeat songs, but the lyrics are totally dark. And I cannot recall who it is. D@mmit.
    Weird Al Yankovic, some of his songs. Some are silly, some are silly-dark.